Beetroot, Lentil and Pumpkin Seed Salad
Packed full of yummy foods, easy to make and perfect on its own or with other dishes!
• 2 Lettuce (or 2 bags of salad leaves)
• 1 Bunch of Asparagus
• 3 Beetroot
• 2 Sweet Potato
• Olive Oil
• 1 cup Lentils
• 1 cup Quinoa
• 1 cup Walnuts
• 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
• 2tbsp Butter
• 1/2 cup tahini
• 4tsp Maple Syrup
• 4tbsp Olive Oil
• Juice of 1 Lime or Lemon
1. Chop up the beetroot and sweet potato, place on a baking tray, drizzle in oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven (at 180c for 20 minutes)
2. Place the lentils and quinoa in boiling water and cook for 20mins (I put a vegetable stock cube in the water to add a bit more flavour).
3. Chop and wash the lettuce, then place it in your salad bowl.
4. Make the dressing by mixing together the tahini, olive oil, lime/lemon juice and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Fry off your walnuts and pumpkin seeds in the butter until they soften slightly.
6. When the other ingredients are nearly cooked, grill your asparagus.
7. Once all of the ingredients are cooked, mix them together in your salad bowl and enjoy!