Have you ever wondered how to cook the perfect Air Fryer Sausages? Well, they couldn’t be simpler to make and leave you with juicy sausages on the inside and perfectly crispy skin on the outside! They’re ready to go in around 10 minutes and make the perfect quick and easy family dinner!
Recipe Difficulty – Very Easy
Cooking sausages in an air fryer is the best way to make sausages! Since I first tried it, I haven’t looked back! Done in under half the time of the oven and far healthier than frying! However, don’t panic if you don’t have an air fryer, you can still make these tasty vegan sausages in the oven too!
This is a fool-proof recipe, you simply can’t get it wrong! Plus the great part about it is the minimal washing up required! Whether you’re enjoying some sausages along with breakfast or adding them into a quick and easy weekday meal, this air fryer sausage recipe is a great affordable option! Paired with my Air Fryer Chips or added to create this delicious Sausage Pesto Gnocchi, this Air Fryer Sausage recipe is guaranteed to be loved by all the family![feast_advanced_jump_to]
Ingredients to make Air Fryer Sausages
- Sausages – That’s really all you need! With the air fryer, you don’t need cooking spray or even a tablespoon of olive oil! I’ve used vegan sausages, but this recipe would also work with vegetarian or meat sausages too!
See recipe card at the bottom of this page for quantities.
How to make Air Fryer Sausages
Firstly, preheat the air fryer to 205C / 400F. Lay out the breakfast sausages in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure to leave space between sausages for even cooking.
Air fry for 5 minutes and then turn the sausages over to cook both sides. Cook sausages for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Hint: Cook time may vary based on your air fryer basket type and the types of sausages you use. The thickness of the sausage also matters. You may need a few extra minutes for thicker sausages or slightly less time for thin sausages or chipolatas. If you are unsure, you can always use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches a safe range.
- Sausages – While I use gluten-free, vegan sausages, the air fryer method is great for any type of sausage! If you eat meat, consider chicken sausages, pork sausage, cocktail sausages, sweet Italian sausage, beef sausages, turkey sausages, etc.
- Spicy – If you want a spicy sausage, try Vegan Hot Italian Sausages. You could also take your favourite kind of sausage and get a spicy dip to dip it in such as spicy brown mustard.
- Deluxe – You can really make your air fry sausage stand out by serving it with something delicious! Try this Plant-Based Sausage Tray Bake for instance! Throw some bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and onions on a pan and cook it up to enjoy with your vegetarian sausages. Alternatively, you could try my Sausage and Sage Gnocchi, which is equally delicious!
- Kid friendly – Kids will love this simple and delicious recipe! Served these vegetarian sausages with some mash and peas and it will be a winner! Alternatively you could try serving them with my Slow Cooker Jacket Potatoes!
- Air Fryer
Leftover sausages can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can use a variety of cooking methods to reheat them – microwave, frying pan, etc. For best results, put them back in the air frying tray for a few minutes.
You can easily recreate this recipe using a convection oven. Lightly grease a baking tray, and cook at 200C/390F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure you turn the sausages often so they brown all over. Ensure you read the packet instructions and other varieties or meat sausages make take longer.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can use frozen sausages too! You don’t need to thaw frozen sausage before cooking them. You can put the frozen sausages straight into the bottom of the basket and the air fryer cooks sausage all the way through!
The cooking time may vary based on the size of the sausages and the type of sausages used, but generally speaking, I cook them for 5 minutes on each side.
If you don’t want to worry about cleaning up your sausage drippings, you can line your air fryer tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper. It will save you on clean-up time and still cook your sausages well!
Are you ready to try this delicious recipe?! I am so excited to hear what you think.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and let me know how you get on. Hearing positive feedback is one of the best parts of creating recipes so please review it below and leave a comment!
P.S Never miss a new recipe! Get more healthy recipes sent straight to your inbox weekly – Subscribe and receive a free recipe eBook!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Best Air Fryer Sausages
- Air fryer
- 6 sausages I use gluten free / vegan / vegetarian
- Distribute the sausage evenly onto the air fryer tray
- Air fry at 205C for 5 minutes and then turn sausages to ensure they brown all over
- Continue to cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden brown