Easy Lemon Butter Baked Fish
An easy, healthy family friendly dinner recipe that is ready to eat in 20 minutes. Serve these Clean Eating Lemon Butter Fish fillets with some baby potatoes and a fresh side salad for a quick weeknight meal.
Easy Weeknight Dinner
This simple dish is one of our family favorites. I serve it with baby potatoes and a side salad or my crazy easy homemade potato bake.
My husband loves fishing (thank goodness, because I dont). When Summer time comes round, he sees it as his personal mission to supply our family with locally caught fish fillets.
My freezer gets stocked with line caught, lovingly prepped fish fillets. His OCD comes out as each pack is perfectly portioned, labelled and dated. Personally, I dont know why he bothers. I use up every bit of fish before the Summer ends.
It makes him so happy.
Look how cute and happy he is with the fish he bought home.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON BUTTER BAKED FISH
Did I mention that this was an easy recipe to make?
- Its just a matter of mixing your garlic butter basting and pouring it over your fresh fish fillets.
- Then pop your fish in the heated oven (200C / 400F).
- Baking your fish should take around 10 minutes, so dont wonder off or get distracted by what the kids are doing. You know your fish is cooked when it flakes easily (test a piece with a fork) and its white inside. Uncooked fish appears a bit translucent and doesnt flake well. You may need to add a couple minutes if your fish fillets are a little thicker.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH YOUR BAKED FISH FILLETS
I have three ways that I like to serve up baked fish:
- OPTION 1 Serve with a side of mashed potato, fresh steamed greens (asparagus, beans,peas or broccoli) and a white parsley sauce.
- OPTION 2 this creamy potato bake and a side salad (this is a great option of you need to feed a crowd).
- OPTION 3 with a side of boiled baby potatoes and a salad.
- OPTION 4 (and this is always a family favorite) chunky oven baked fries for a healthy fish and chips kind of dinner.
- 6 Fresh fish fillets (approximately 200g per person)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (roughly the juice you get from squeezing one large lemon)
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200'C / 400F
- Line an oven tray with baking paper (this makes for less mess and easy clean up)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine melted butter, garlic, Oregano and lemon juice.
- Lay your fish fillets on your baking tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour (or if you have one, use a basting brush) garlic butter over fish and top with lemon wedges (optional).
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Fish should be flaky and white when cooked.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle over fresh parsley before serving.
- Any white fish (eg: hake, tilapia, cod or bass) will work with this recipe. We used Snapper because that's what we have available locally.
- Serve with boiled baby potatoes and fresh greens or a side salad.