For all of you brunch lovers, let’s make this healthy Eggs Benedict! This Keto recipe has four delicious layers. A cauliflower hashbrown patty, Canadian bacon, perfectly poached eggs, and homemade hollandaise to top it off.
Eggs Benedict is my favorite brunch item to order at a restaurant. But if I am being honest, I order it mainly because it’s one of those dishes I never make at home. It has always been intimidating to me!
During the winter months when we had slower weekends spent lounging around the house, I decided to perfect an Eggs Benedict recipe that would make me look forward to the weekend. It took several tries, but I am so pleased with this low carb and Keto variation!
As a nutritionist, I love to create decadent meals with a healthy twist. The comfort food of Eggs Benedict is no exception. Here we are creating a low carb variation with a cauliflower “hashbrown”. It’s crispy, crunchy, and downright delicious! Such a yummy texture.
Eggs Benedict Ingredients
Although Eggs Benedict may seem daunting, I can assure you that it’s easier than you think! Let’s start by gathering our ingredients for the different components. We will need eggs and Canadian bacon for the Benedict, and chives and paprika as an optional garnish.
For the cauliflower hash browns
- 1/2 head of cauliflower (or cauliflower rice)
- Coconut flour
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado oil to cook
For the Hollandaise:
- Egg yolks
- Lemon juice
- Salt + black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
How to make Keto Eggs Benedict
- Make the cauliflower hash browns. Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until riced. In a bowl, combine the riced cauliflower with the egg, parmesan cheese, coconut flour, and salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the oil, and shape the cauliflower mixture into patties. Cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Make the hollandaise sauce: add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a high powered blender. Blend on a medium setting for less than 10 seconds, then slowly pour in hot butter while motor is running. Blend until completely emulsified and smooth!
- Heat up the Canadian bacon: saute for about 1 minute per side over medium heat. You can also use deli ham, prosciutto, or bacon in its place!
- Poach the eggs: bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Create a vortex with a spoon, then crack and poach each egg for 3-4 minutes. Remove the eggs from the pot and place in a bowl.
- Assemble the Eggs Benedict: place the cauliflower patty on a plate and top with Canadian Bacon, poached egg, and pour hollandaise sauce on top. Garnish with a pinch of paprika and chives.
More brunch recipes you will love!
- Savory N’Oatmeal Bowls (low carb)
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Homemade Air Fryer Sausage Patties
- Cauliflower Mushroom Grits
- Crustless Bacon and Asparagus Quiche
Photo Credit: All photos in this post were take by Loren at Sweet Rustic Bakes.
Keto Eggs Benedict
For the Cauliflower Hash Browns:
- 1/2 head of cauliflower (or 2 cups riced cauliflower)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese (or white cheddar)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
For the Hollandaise sauce:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 stick unsalted butter, hot (can use microwave or double boiler)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of black pepper
For the Benedict:
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- paprika (for garnish)
- chives (for garnish)
- Make the cauliflower hash browns: Using a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until riced. Pour into a medium sized bowl and use a paper towel to squeeze out any moisture. Add in the egg, parmesan, coconut flour, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add in the oil. Shape the cauliflower mixture into flattened patties. Add to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Make the hollandaise sauce: add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a high powered blender. Blend on a medium setting for less than 10 seconds, then slowly pour in the hot butter while motor is running. Continue blending until you have completely emulsified the sauce, pour into a small bowl.
- Heat up the Canadian bacon: saute for about 1 minute per side over medium heat in a small skillet. You can also use bacon or deli ham.
- Poach the eggs: Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil, then reduce to low. Create a vortex with a spoon, then crack and poach each egg for 3-4 minutes. Remove the eggs from the pot and place in a bowl.
- Assemble the Eggs Benedict: Place the cauliflower patty on a plate and top with Canadian bacon, poached egg, and pour hollandaise sauce on top. Garnish with a pinch of paprika and finely chopped chives.
The post Keto Eggs Benedict appeared first on Wholesomelicious.