Bright and flavorful, these homemade Salmon Burgers are simply divine! Made from scratch with fresh lemon juice, salmon, Dijon mustard, and more, these burgers are easy to make and cooked to perfection.
Best Salmon Burgers
While buying a box of frozen salmon patties from the store is easy, it’s not nearly as satisfying or delicious as making your own at home! If you’ve never made from-scratch salmon burgers before, you’ll be surprised at how quickly and easily they come together.
These salmon patties are incredibly flavorful and have the most perfect texture. They’re easy peasy lemon squeezy (you definitely want fresh lemons for this recipe)!
Why You’ll Love this Easy Salmon Burger Recipe:
- HOMEMADE: No boring, lackluster frozen patties today! Featuring fresh ingredients, customize these homemade salmon burgers to your taste preferences.
- FLAVORFUL: Bursting with bold, zesty, flavorful ingredients, each bite is truly mouthwatering.
- FILLING: Protein-packed, these salmon burgers are a filling lunch or dinner.
Blend, cook, and enjoy – that’s how easy it is to make salmon burgers at home!
How to Make Salmon Burgers
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prepare the salmon.
- Make the salmon paste.
- Combine the salmon paste with the remaining ingredients.
- Form 4 equal patties and chill.
- Coat each patty in bread crumbs.
- Serve on buns with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Salmon Burger Ingredient Notes
- Do not substitute plain yellow mustard for the Dijon mustard!
- For a little added heat, add a couple splashes of hot sauce to the salmon patty mixture or serve with the fully cooked burgers.
Boneless, skinless salmon is best for these burgers.
I don’t recommend using canned salmon for these burgers. Fresh is best!
Use fresh lemon juice for the brightest flavor.
Cook salmon burgers in a skillet set over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes per side, until each side is light brown.
Here are a few of my favorite sides to serve with salmon burgers:
Add these salmon burgers to this week’s dinner menu!
- Really press the bread crumbs into the patties when coating the burgers.
- Try not to overcook the burgers. Over cooking will lead to dry and chewy salmon burgers.
- I love serving salmon burgers on brioche buns, but use your favorite kind!
While delicious in the spring and summer, I make these salmon burgers all year round!
What is the best way to reheat salmon burgers?
Reheat salmon burgers in a skillet set over medium heat. Cook each side for a few minutes until the burger is warmed through.
What toppings go well with salmon burgers?
Any of your favorite classic burger toppings go well with salmon burgers! Lettuce and sliced tomatoes are always delicious ideas. I love adding a dollop of guacamole, a little tartar sauce, splash of hot sauce, and squeeze of fresh lemon juice to mine!
More Delicious Burger Recipes We Love
- Smash Burgers
- Air Fryer Juicy Lucy Cheeseburgers
- Instant Pot Hamburgers
- Caramelized Onion Swiss Burgers
Salmon burgers are easy to make and even easier to eat. The extra effort to make salmon burgers yourself is so worth it when you taste that first bite!
More Simple Salmon Recipes to Try:
- Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Maple Glazed Salmon and Potatoes
- Honey Garlic Salmon and Asparagus
- Blackened Salmon
- Bourbon Brown Sugar Salmon
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!
Salmon Burgers Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless salmon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 ¼ cups Panko bread crumbs divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Lemon wedges, tartar sauce, and hot sauce for serving
Cut half of the salmon into large chunks, and place into the bowl of a food processor. Add the lemon juice, mayonnaise, and mustard. Process into a paste.1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless salmon, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Dice the remaining salmon and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the green onions, ¼ cup of breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and salmon paste from the food processor. Mix gently to combine.2 green onions, ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 ¼ cups Panko bread crumbs
Divide the mixture into four equal mounds and shape into patties. Place the patties on a plate, cover, and chill for 30 minutes (up to 2 hours).
Spread the remaining 1 cup of breadcrumbs onto a plate. Press both sides of each salmon patty in the breadcrumbs.
Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned. Flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, being sure not to overcook. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Serve on buns or a bed of greens with lemon wedges, tartar sauce, and hot sauce.Lemon wedges, tartar sauce, and hot sauce
The post Salmon Burgers appeared first on The Cookie Rookie®.