If you’ve ever wondered about what to do with shirataki noodles, this super easy, light, low-carb, vegan, gluten-free Shirataki Noodle Salad with Ginger Sesame Dressing is just the thing! At only 100 calories per serving, you can make up this recipe in under 15 minutes. I’ve been excited about these Japanese noodles since my field trip, where I learned how they make tofu in a processing plant in LA, and saw these gorgeous, fresh noodles on my tour too. There are several different types of traditional Japanese noodles called shirataki; in this recipe I use the thin, spaghetti version. You can find these noodles in many well stocked supermarkets. The cool thing about shirataki noodles is that they are super light in calories and carbs, and are vegan and gluten-free too. I include chickpeas, bell pepper, green onions, red cabbage, cilantro, and a home-crafted ginger-sesame dressing to pack in the flavor in this crunchy salad.
- 1 8-ounce package, tofu shirataki noodles, spaghetti cut
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Ginger Sesame Dressing:
- Open packages of noodles and place in colander to drain liquid. Bring a medium pot of water to boil and place noodles in the water, cover and boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and drain and rinse in the colander, cooling.
- Add cooled noodles to a large salad bowl and mix in bell pepper, cabbage, cucumber, green onions, chickpeas, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredeints in a small dish.
- Toss salad with dressing to distribute well. Chill until serving time.
- Makes 8 servings (about 2/3 cups each)
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Asian, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 242 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: vegan salad, shirataki noodle salad, vegan noodle salad
For other plant-based salad recipes, check out:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.