Two worlds collide in this amazing Vegan Coffee Cake Banana Bread! The decadence of cinnamon streusel takes this moist banana bread up a whole other level! The flavors and textures compliment each other so well. Such a perfect treat for after dinner or to snack on throughout the day. This coffee cake banana bread is the ultimate combination of desserts. It will blow your mind.
Coffee Cake Banana Bread [Vegan]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (~1.5 cups)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbs ground flax + 6 tbs warm water)
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and/or line a 9″x5″ loaf pan.
- For the flax eggs, combine ground flax and warm water in a small bowl, stir, and set aside to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas using a fork or masher.
- Add melted coconut oil and sugar to bananas and stir together.
- Add in flax eggs, dairy free milk and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients and mix together until fully incorporated.
- Prepare the streusel topping by mixing all dry ingredients together (flour, brown sugar and cinnamon), then adding in melted coconut oil. Stir well until you have a course wet mixture.
- Pour 1/2 of the banana bread batter into the pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of the streusel topping onto the batter.
- Pour in the remaining banana bread batter, and top with the rest of the streusel. Pat down the streusel so it’s lightly embedded into the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. I covered my loaf in tinfoil at about 40 minutes to prevent the top from overcooking.
- Allow loaf to fully cool before removing from pan and slicing. Once cool, cut into 8 slices.